Things to consider when reading the bible;
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there an example to follow?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- Is there a sin to avoid?
- Is there a principle to follow?
Thoughts to consider
- Yet more commandments for the people to observe. I love the wisdom God clearly demonstrates and the care for the mundane things of life. Know that God knows and cares about the mundane things you will go through today.
- God is a God who cares passionately for the oppressed, poor and the marginalised. This passage specifically mentions: sojourners, widows and fatherless children. Pray for anyone you know in those categories today.
- Know that God loves honesty and justice, he is fully committed to them and loves to help those who desire those qualities in their own lives.
- God is not a God who sits comfortably with other gods. He is a jealous God. Spend some time thinking about the gods that you can sometimes place alongside Him and who compete for His attention. They could be a multitude of things, but you need to deal with them regularly as they keep returning for your attention.
- Thank God that you don’t have to worship God from afar anymore. In those days out of the whole nation, only Moses could draw near. Now, you can draw near to God with full assurance because of what Jesus has done. Make the most of it now and draw near with complete confidence.