Things to consider when reading the bible;
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there an example to follow?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- Is there a sin to avoid?
- Is there a principle to follow?
Thoughts to consider
- It’s interesting from the outset that God doesn’t demand the people give him all the things required for the tabernacle, but only receives those things that the people are ‘moved’ to give Him. Why do you think that is? What are the implications for your own giving?
- The directions for the ark and the various parts of the tabernacle are amazingly precise. Why do you think that is?
- These instructions are so complicated. They are perfectly clear and precise but I would struggle to follow the instructions, but I bet someone knew how to follow them perfectly. We are all gifted in certain areas, some things you will struggle with but other things you will be able to do easily. That is because God has gifted you. Are you using your gifts in God’s church?
- We know from history that the tabernacle was built exactly as it was instructed to be built. The people could follow these instructions perfectly well. But why couldn’t they follow the other instructions not to lie, steal, follow other gods etc?