Things to consider when reading the bible;
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there an example to follow?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- Is there a sin to avoid?
- Is there a principle to follow?
Read (below are links to click on)
Thoughts to consider
- Are you ever totally honest before God? We shouldn’t need to pretend before Him. We should be honest but reverent. At this point in time, Job comes right out and says that He wants to die!
- Let these passages guide you to what true friendship should be. Have any of your friends ever given you bad advice? What did you do?
- What can you learn from these passages about you being a good friend to others?
- Do you ever feel that God is so big he couldn’t possibly think about you? This is what Job seems to be saying in chapter 9. But God says “consider my servant” He considers you and calls you ‘righteous’ because of what Jesus has done. As a believer you have His righteousness. Let that sink in!
- Job is frustrated because he knows he has been as righteous as a man can be and yet all this suffering has happened. He then assumes that it doesn’t matter what he does. Do you ever make that mistake? Know that whenever you go through trials, God is watching to see if you remain faithful and trust Him, or just to give up. You mustn’t look at the circumstances but the unchanging character of God.
- Are you ever tempted to change what you believe because of circumstances? Know that God’s word remains true even if circumstances seem to tell you otherwise.
- Keep trusting!