Read Ephesians 4v1-16
Click below if you want me to read this to you
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3 eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. 7 But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore it says,
“When he ascended on high he led a host of captives,
and he gave gifts to men.”
9 (In saying, “He ascended,” what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower regions, the earth? 10 He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. 15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.
Thoughts to consider
· Take a few moments to think how you are doing in the following areas; humility, gentleness, patience and bearing with others in love. How can you improve in any of these areas?
· What can you do today and this week to promote unity in the church?
· What Apostolic, prophetic, evangelistic, shepherding or teaching gifts have been given to your church? Pray for those people that have been given to your church, also pray for any areas that may be lacking.
· Are you being equipped by any of these ministries? How can you go about receiving more equipping?
· If you are one of these ministries, how can you equip more people and be more effective?
· Are you playing your part to see the body grow? Using the gifts and abilities that God has given you
Heavenly father I want to walk in a manner that is worthy of you. Help me to increase in humility, gentleness and patience. Help me to always bear with others in a loving way. Please continue to show me how I can use the talents that you have given me to build your church and see your kingdom come. All this I pray in Jesus name. Amen