Read Ephesians 2 v 1-10
Click below if you want me to read this to you
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Thoughts to consider
Have you ever considered you were dead in your sins?
· How far are you still being driven by your desires (v3)?
· Meditate on how you have been raised with Christ (v5) what does that mean to you?
· What significance do you attach to being ‘seated’ with Him? One aspect for me is it is an image of security, do you agree?
· Meditate on the fact that you are (I hope you are, if not you can be right now) saved by grace and the fact that it is a free gift.
· What works have you been created for? Think of some of your natural abilities, how can you use them to serve Jesus?
Father thank you that even though I was dead in my sins, as far from you as I could be, that you made me alive. Thank you that I am now seated with you in heavenly places. Thank you I have been saved by grace and I can now walk in the plan and purpose you created me for. You are simply amazing, Thank you. Amen