Things to consider when reading the bible;
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there an example to follow?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- Is there a sin to avoid?
- Is there a principle to follow?
Thoughts to consider
- Ezekiel’s vision continues in through chapter 44 and 45. It reminds me of Moses receiving the instructions for the original temple in Exodus. The chapter starts with Ezekiel again being thrown to the floor as the glory of God fills the temple where he was standing. God has many more specific instructions. Even though these instructions are very specific I still find it hard to believe that they are for a future time, although as I have said before, it could all be symbolic. I still struggle with the fact that there are still sacrifices when Jesus was the ‘once for all’ sacrifice. To my mind no more sacrifices should be needed. One of those mysteries that will be revealed in due course.