Things to consider when reading the bible;
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there an example to follow?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- Is there a sin to avoid?
- Is there a principle to follow?
Thoughts to consider
- We come now to the final phase of the book, the last 8 chapters, called ‘the vision of restoration’. The prophecy against Gog we have just read about, established God’s supremacy over the nations and now we see an oracle or a vision about God re-establishing His people, setting everything in place just how He wants it, which on the surface can all seem a bit mundane.
- These are some of the more difficult chapters to understand in the bible, mainly because people differ so much as to what they mean. Is this a foretaste of something that is actually going to happen or is it another extended metaphor? There are great minds on either side of the debate, so just open up your heart to allow God to speak to you and as with all these type of debated passages, hold it all lightly. The worst thing you could do is fall out with someone over it if they don’t agree with your interpretation.
- Just to help you visualise the measurements, a ‘reed’ is about 10 feet (3.1m) A Cubit is 18 inches (45 cm)